Red Dot Packaging offers multiple feature options that will help you customize your pouch. By offering multiple customization options, we can create packages that match the needs of all types of sellers, helping you reach your target audience and increase long-term sales. Below are our wide range of customizable features.
- A hang hole allows a package to be placed on a retail display hook. The hang hole is usually near the top center of the bag.
- Holes are typically ¼" round but are also available in the OSHA style, also known as Sombrero style to accommodate any retail display system.
- A tear notch allows for the end user to easily open the bag/pouch after you seal it.
- Tear notches are typically located toward the top of the pouch in the left and right seals.
- Once the top of the pouch is torn, it’s clear to the consumer that the package has been opened.
Red Dot Packaging offers several different zipper reclosing options.
STANDARD FLANGE ZIPPER
- The standard Flange Zipper, commonly called a ‘press-to-close’ zipper, is the most popular zipper style on the market.
- Think of your typical beef Jerky bags that you see at your convenience or grocery store; they are most likely to be fitted with a Flange Zipper.
- The Flange Zipper has a connecting track that locks your product securely into the bag when pressed together.
- Although a great closure option for dried foods such as jerky, Flange Zippers can be used with hundreds of different applications.
- Dual track closures have two tracks that are pressed together as opposed to one on the standard flange zipper.
- The Dual Track is best suited for heavy-duty applications or if more frequent customer interface is expected.
- The Child Resistant zipper is designed to reduce the chances of children accessing the product in the packaging.
With than being said, It’s still simple enough for seniors to access their medications when needed.
- Our Powder-Proof zippers are special zipper closures designed so that the powder falls out of the track and back into the bag.
- This zipper works to eliminate clogs along the zipper track, thus providing easy and secure resealing.
- Its anti-clog design is perfect for granulated and powdered goods like flour, sugar and protein powders.
DOG BONE OR POCKET ZIPPER
- The Dog Bone Zipper is unique because it allows the consumer to access the product by pulling the EZ-tear tab (also called the "Dog Bone zipper") and reaching through or pouring through the bag´s face.
- This bag´s primary benefit is that the unfilled bag´s mouth is much broader than a standard pouch with a zipper. This unique characteristic allows you to load your product much more efficiently.
HOOK AND LOOP ZIPPER
- Hook-and-loop fasteners are characterized by a strip of looped fibers that pair with a strip of micro-hooks.
- Quick & Easy to Open/Close
- Seals Through Powder
- Zipper Seals Without Perfect Alignment
- Audible and tactile feedback while being pressed closed
- Unique & Appealing
- Sometimes mistakenly referred to as a “Velcro zipper”
SLIDER ZIPPER (WITH BARRIER PROPERTIES)
- Convenient, easy to open, and provides assurance of complete fastening.
- Plastic slider zippers slide across the top of the pouch.
- Allows for easy gripping, especially helpful for products that will be opened and closed multiple times.
- Increases the perceived value of your product.
- Gives your brand a distinct advantage on the shelf with ultimate convenience and appeal.
- The primary function of a laser score is to deliver a consistent and clear tear along the score line.
- A very common place for the laser score line is between tear notches on the top of a flexible pouch.
- Laser scoring provides a controlled score depth while keeping the barrier properties of the pouch.
- Laser scoring can prevent your branding message or other critical artwork from being torn of the top of the pouch.
- Small holes produced by a laser in virtually any pattern you wish.
- Typically used for ventilation of a bag/ Pouch.
DEGASSING VALVES (AKA ONE WAY VALVE)
- The primary function of a degassing valve is to allow the gasses that accumulate inside the pouch to escape safely.
- These valves work one way, and do not allow outside air to enter the pouch.
- They are typically used with products such as coffee beans or other items that release natural gasses.
- Tin Ties are a standard method used to close a pouch after opening it.
- Tin Ties can be used with many pouch options and are particularly popular with teas and consumable powders, but they are most widely recognized in the coffee industry.
LIP AND TAPE
- Lip and tape bags are also referred to as peel-and-seal bags.
- They are commonly used in the medical field when patients or doctors need to send sensitive or hazardous specimens to a laboratory.
- The patient simply loads their specimen in the bag, removes the paper liner on the tape strip, folds the lip over the tape, and the bag is now permanently sealed until it’s ready to be opened at the lab.
- To open the bag it must be cut or torn, which helps the receiving party identify if the item has been tampered with.